Complete Reception Music Department
From the classical music during the ceremony to the jazz trio during the cocktail hour and the full orchestra for dancing, we and our guests were delighted, entertained, and impressed.
-Sara, Mother of the Groom
We’ll treat you like a celebrity. Our most important wedding is YOURS!
We played Jenny McCarthy/Donnie Wahlberg’s wedding!
August 31st, 2014 – Hotel Baker, St. Charles, IL.
From the very moment we reached out to David to check on his availability, he was nothing but professional and incredibly pleasant to work with. You can tell that David believes with every ounce of his spirit that you should have the best wedding ever and he will go above and beyond to ensure that he and his band provide you with that. What makes David Rothstein and his band stand out is that he truly takes the time to learn about you as a couple so that on your wedding day you are getting something incredibly personalized. All of our guests danced/sang to 6+ solid hours of incredibly talented singers and instrument’s, everyone was blown away at how amazing every single member of the band was. Thank you to David and the entire band for giving us the most amazing night of music in our lives. You all are the best!
- Kate and Nick Cavet Posted on WeddingWire 12.09.14
Your Reception has 3 Sections:
Cocktails, Dinner and Dancing
The Purpose of cocktails is to change the mood from the formality of your wedding ceremony to a much more relaxed social atmosphere.
- Jazz Trio (Piano, Bass and Sax) will provide relaxing, luxurious jazz for background music. You and your guests will be able to talk comfortably. The trio takes up a small amount of space and becomes part of the full wedding band for dinner and/or dancing.
Click on the short video to hear a description of the Jazz Trio. call us @773.244.1239 or FILL OUT THE INQUIRY FORM
The purpose of dinner is to perform the standard wedding traditions as well as the serving of the meal itself. This is the main body of your wedding. Dinner starts as soon as the doors to the ballroom are opened and your guests enter, not when they serve the food.
The biggest factors that will help or hurt your dinner schedule is:
1. Getting all the guests inside the room and the bridal party lined up.
2. The number and length of the toasts.
3. The speed of the food service.
- Jazz Trio (Piano, Bass and Sax)
- 7 or 10 Piece Orchestra (Dancing between Courses only )
Dinner lasts between 1 1/2 to 2 hours and includes:
- Introduction of the Bridal Party, Bride and Groom
- Blessing over the Meal
- Cake Cutting
- First Dance, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son Dances, Guests Dancing (Dancing Between Courses Only)
DANCING BETWEEN COURSES
Dancing Between Courses Schedules Includes All Activities Described Above :
- First Dance
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Mother/Son Dance
- Guests Dance after Formal Dances
- Guests Dance Between Salads and Main Course
Midwest Style Schedule will not have any dancing until the entire meal is completed:
Listen to David Rothstein Explain Dancing Between Courses Schedule on His Wedding 101 Radio Show:
- Dance Between Courses
- Midwest Style
Call us @773.244.1239 or FILL OUT THE INQUIRY FORM
Dancing lasts between 3 to 4 hours, but can extend as late as the venue will allow.
It’s always better to book extra time with the original contract as overtime is a higher rate. The typical break schedule is playing for 1 hour and breaking for 15 minutes. The band will provide break music.
Now that all the formalities of your wedding are completed it is simply time to celebrate and dance with all your guests.
The more you dance, the more your guests will too!
Quick Tip: To get all your guests dancing put your bar inside the ballroom instead of in another area.
CLICK HERE to watch videos of our 10-Piece Orchestra Packing the Dance Floor at recent weddings, just as we’ll do at yours!
- 7 Piece Orchestra (Piano, Bass, Sax, Male and Female Vocalists, Guitar/Vocalist )
- 10 Piece Orchestra (Adds Trumpet, Trombone and 2nd Female Vocalist)
- Sinatra Vocalist Can be added to either ensemble
If you’d love a packed dance floor for your wedding reception, call us @773.244.1239 or FILL OUT THE INQUIRY FORM
The 10-Piece Orchestra is required for Saturday evening Weddings or scheduled between May-December.