The Perfect Music for Your Wedding Reception
We’ll treat you like a celebrity
We played Jenny McCarthy/Donnie Wahlberg’s wedding.
August 31st, 2014 – Hotel Baker, St. Charles, IL.
Our Guests Absolutely RAVED!!
The best decision we made was working with David Rothstein for our wedding music. From the very first time we interacted with David, we knew we were in great hands! He is such a welcoming and personable individual who made our lives SO easy with planning our wedding music. Our guests RAVED about David Rothstein. It was very comforting to know we could get in touch with David whenever we needed. The dance floor was packed from the minute they started playing and we appreciated how interactive the band was with our guests. Our #1 priority was to make sure everyone had a blast at our wedding and we have David to thank for this. If you haven’t booked them for your wedding you should right away! They are simply WONDERFUL!
- Liz and Cameron Posted on The Knot 11/10/2014
Your Wedding Reception includes Cocktails, Dinner and Dancing.
We’ve included a brief description of each section as well as info about Dancing Between Courses.
The Purpose of cocktails is to change the mood from the formality of your wedding ceremony to a much more relaxed social atmosphere.
- Jazz Trio (Piano, Bass and Sax) will provide relaxing, luxurious jazz for background music. You and your guests will be able to talk comfortably. The trio takes up a small amount of space and becomes part of the full wedding band for dinner and/or dancing.
Click on the short video to hear a description of the Jazz Trio.
The purpose of dinner is to perform the standard wedding traditions as well as the serving of the meal itself. This is the main body of your wedding. Dinner starts as soon as the doors to the ballroom are opened and your guests enter, not when they serve the food.
The biggest factors that will help or hurt your dinner schedule is:
1. Getting all the guests inside the room and the bridal party lined up.
2. The number and length of the toasts.
3. The speed of the food service.
- Jazz Trio (Piano, Bass and Sax)
- 7 or 10 Piece Orchestra (Dancing between Courses only )
Dinner lasts between 1 1/2 to 2 hours and includes:
- Introduction of the Bridal Party, Bride and Groom
- Blessing over the Meal
- Cake Cutting
- First Dance, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son Dances, Guests Dancing (Dancing Between Courses Only)
DANCING BETWEEN COURSES
Dancing Between Courses Schedules Includes All Activities Described Above :
- First Dance
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Mother/Son Dance
- Guests Dance after Formal Dances
- Guests Dance Between Salads and Main Course
Midwest Style Schedule will not have any dancing until the entire meal is completed:
Listen to David Rothstein Explain Dancing Between Courses Schedule on His Wedding 101 Radio Show:
- Dance Between Courses
- Midwest Style
Dancing lasts between 3 to 4 hours, but can extend as late as the venue will allow.
It’s always better to book extra time with the original contract as overtime is a higher rate. The typical break schedule is playing for 1 hour and breaking for 15 minutes. The band will provide break music.
Now that all the formalities of your wedding are completed it is simply time to celebrate and dance with all your guests.
The more you dance, the more your guests will too!
Quick Tip: To get all your guests dancing put your bar inside the ballroom instead of in another area.
Click Here to watch videos of our 10-Piece Orchestra Packing the Dance Floor at recent weddings, just as we’ll do at yours!
- 7 Piece Orchestra (Piano, Bass, Sax, Male and Female Vocalists, Guitar/Vocalist )
- 10 Piece Orchestra (Adds Trumpet, Trombone and 2nd Female Vocalist)
- Sinatra Vocalist Can be added to either ensemble
The 10-Piece Orchestra is required for Saturday evening Weddings or scheduled between May-December.
Reception Music Guide
How many times have you seen the name of a song, but can’t remember how it sounds?
The David Rothstein Music Reception Guide will help you.
This is a special resource for our current clients only. It will allow you review our complete song list, hear the original recording and even see the lyrics. Not a client yet? We’d love to hear from you soon!