I left my speech in my hotel room. I told David, not to call on me. He said that wasn’t an option and went to all lengths to make sure I had my speech. I don’t know anybody else, who would go out of their way to make that happen.

– Carole Sears The City Winery Chicago

Going Above and Beyond For You

David will do whatever it takes to make sure everything is perfect for you and your guests

Lisa and Jeff have an adorable 2 year old daughter, named Ellie. She loves Mikey Mouse. So as a very specifal gift I bought her a huge Mickey Mouse Coloring book and a box of 64 Crayons. I ask the guests to select a page and color it the imagem then sign their name. People really took their time. It will be a very special gift for her!

This is my new friend Jeremy. He is the brother of the groom at last night's wedding. He's in a wheelchair and said he didn't want to go out on the dance floor, even though I said we'd love to have him join in on the fun. During "Shout", I led the horn section on the dance floor and we marched through the guests into the other room and brought the party to him! The trumpet, sax, and trombone made a circle around him. He was thrilled and laughed like crazy! At the end of the night, he came over and thanked me for helping him join in on the party and said it made his night. He made my night too! Happy New Year Jeremy!

Meagan's dad chose the classic Sinatra song, "The Way You Look Tonight" for the Father/Daughter Dance. During his speech he referred to the various words to the song and expressed how he feels about his daughter. I was so touched by this, during the next break I ran to Walgreen's a got an 8x10 frame. The musicians signed the lyrics sheet, and I gave it to him as a special gift.

It was time for the speech by the Father of Groom for Lindsay and Steve's wedding, which was at the Peggy Notebart Museum in Chicago. David looked out and the videographer was nowhere to be found.

He told the band to keep playing while he searched throughout the museum to find him. Eventually he found the videographer sitting outside on a park bench. "You don't want to miss this! Come inside now!" He came back to the ballroom with him. Once inside, he then introduced Lindsay's father who gave a very touching speech with lots of wonderful stories about her growing up. She now has his toast on video as a result. David treats each bride as if she was his little sister. He works together with all your vendors to get you the best results for your wedding!

It was 5:30pm, and Derek and Melissa's ceremony at the Westin O'Hare in Chicago was scheduled to start at 6:00pm. The florist had just arrived and was starting to casually set up the flowers for the ceremony.

David was surprised to see their lack of urgency. When he reminded them that the ceremony was scheduled to start in half an hour and guests were going to be coming in 15-20 minutes from now., they were surprised and thought the ceremony was supposed to start at 6:30pm. They only had a few people on their staff and said, "we don't have the man power to get this done in time." So I asked a few of the musicians if they could help out. They were happy to do so, and we all jumped in and set up all the flowers for the ceremony, just in the nick of time before they let the guests in!

Bride and Groom, Joe and Malory have an adorable 3 year old little girl named Farrah. I noticed she was a little bumbed out . I ask Malory if there was anything we could do to help. She said she felt left out that she didn't get a ring like her mom and dad did today. I ran over to the nearby Walgreen's and bought her a Pop Ring Candy. You would have thought I went to Tiffany's and bought her a huge diamond ring. Farrah ran around to all the guests and showed of her "fancy" new ring!

After the incredible Wedding last night, I noticed the photographer accidentally left one of her flashes and a charger on a table. She was flown in from New York, so I knew I had to get ahold of her before she left the next day. Since I got her card earlier, I called her and found where she was staying. Then, once we finished, I dropped the flash and charger at the front desk under her name.

Antonia and Frank had their wedding at the Cuneo Mansion in Vernon Hills, and there were about a dozen very enthusiastic little girls. They really wanted to dance, but had a hard time dancing while wearing their wedding dress shoes. They tried dancing in their bare feet, but they said it was hurting their feet. They were sitting next to the dance floor telling the older girl who was looking after them that their feet hurt and couldn't dance on the wooden dance floor in those shoes or bare feet.

Hearing that, I hopped in my car and drove to a Target about a mile away and bought a dozen girls socks. I raced back to the venue and passed them out to the girls. They put them on right away and danced for three hours until the very last note! They were adorable and thrilled to be able to start dancing again! I had the band play "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" for them.

This is Ilene. She is the grandmother of the groom Daniel. She wanted to see the wedding ceremony outside, but it was a little too windy and chilly. She was about 90 and in a wheel chair. Daniel and Susan's wedding was at the Chicago History Museum in Chicago, and since it was a little too cold for Ilene to watch the wedding outside, she was resigned to watching the ceremony through a little window in the door far away from the ceremony.

That didn't seem right to David. He had a big blanket in his car, ran out to grab it, and wrapped the blanket around her. We wheeled her outside. She was able to watch the ceremony in the front row with everybody else. She was truly happy. It was a quick moment, but meant a lot to her and the groom's family!

During the cocktail hour, the father of the groom mentioned to me that he felt bad since he had forgotten the iPad, which contained all the photos for their slide show that was to played during Bob and Aimee's reception at Prairie Productions in Chicago. Since it was the beginning of cocktails, I knew I had time to fix this. I asked him what hotel he was staying at and what his room number was. I asked for his room key and hopped in my car and raced downtown. I pulled up to the hotel, took the elevator up to his room, and retrieved the iPad with all the photos. Then hopped back in my car, raced back to the venue, handed it to the father of the groom, and introduced the bridal party 15 minutes later. The photo slideshow was one of the highlights of the wedding!

This is Rebecca. She and her parents were guests at a wedding we played. She was standing in front of the band and closely watching each musician perform. I remember doing the same thing when I was her age. I invited her up on stage to meet all the musicians. She was so excited! During the break, I had each of the band memebers sign a drum stick which we gave to her and made her an honorary member of the David Rothstein Orchestra!

Once all the dancing was done and everything was packed up, the bride and groom (Marc and Jen) needed a ride back to their hotel, but their family's cars were all filled up or had left earlier. I said I'd be happy to drive them to their hotel at The Four Seasons. I helped them in the backseat and drove them downtown. It was really special to be able to spend a little extra time with them after the wedding. They said how thrilled they were with everything and how much fun they had. They were a REALLY sweet couple who I now consider friends!

At the start of Max and Jennifer's cocktail hour, they noticed they had forgotten the Gift Card Box. David said " Don't Worry. I'll take care of it."

He noticed on his way there was a 7-11 down the street from the venue. He raced over, talked to the cashier, sorted through about a dozen boxes and found an empty box of Corona. David and the cashier taped it up. He ran back up the street to the venue - Fulton's on the River. The staff helped him tape linen all around it and set it up on the gift card box. Max and Jennifer had a gift card box just in the nick of time!

Sarah and Andrew's wedding ceremony was being held at the Omni Hotel downtown Chicago. It was 5:30pm and they were about to start the ceremony. One of the ushers suddenly felt very sick and raced off. Sarah got very upset and almost started crying.

David went over to her, gave her a hug and said, "Everything is going to be just fine", and then ushered in the entire bridal party himself. David felt bad for her and stepped in without thinking. She was so thankful afterwards!