YOUR RECEPTION HAS 3 SECTIONS: COCKTAILS, DINNER AND DANCING
The purpose of cocktails is to change the mood from the formalness of your wedding ceremony to a much more relaxed social atmosphere.
The Jazz Trio (Piano, Bass and Sax) will provide relaxing, luxurious jazz for background music. You and your guests will be able to talk comfortably. The trio takes up a small amount of space and becomes part of the full wedding band for dinner and/or dancing.
Click on the short video to hear a description of the Jazz Trio.
Dinner starts as soon as guests enter the room and includes:
– Introduction of the Bridal Party, Bride and Groom
– Blessing over the Meal
– Cake Cutting
– First Dance, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son Dances, Guests Dancing (Dancing Between Courses Only)
The purpose of dinner is to perform the standard wedding traditions as well as the serving of the meal itself. This is the main body of your wedding. Dinner starts as soon as the doors to the ballroom are opened and your guests enter, not when they serve the food.
The biggest factors that will help or hurt your dinner schedule is:
1. Getting all the guests inside the room and the bridal party lined up.
2. The number and length of the toasts.
3. The speed of the food service
- Jazz Trio (Piano, Bass and Sax)
- 8 or 11 Piece Orchestra (Dancing between Courses only )
Dinner lasts between 1 1/2 to 2 hours and includes:
- Introduction of the Bridal Party, Bride and Groom
- Blessing over the Meal
- Cake Cutting
- First Dance, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son Dances, Guests Dancing (Dancing Between Courses Only)
Dancing may or may not include your formal dances depending on if you choose Dancing Between Courses. Our band will play a wide variety of styles to keep all your guests dancing.
– First Dance
– Father/Daughter Dance
– Mother/Son Dance
– Guests Dance after Formal Dances
– Guests Dance Between Salads and Main Course
Dancing lasts between 3 to 4 hours, but can extend as late as the venue will allow.
It’s always better to book extra time with the original contract as overtime is a higher rate. The typical break schedule is playing for 1 hour and breaking for 15 minutes. The band will provide break music with our high energy DJ.
Now that all the formalities of your wedding are completed it is simply time to celebrate and dance with all your guests. The more you dance, the more your guests will too!
Quick Tip: To get all your guests dancing put your bar and/or sweet table inside the ballroom instead of in another area.
CLICK HERE to watch videos of our 11-Piece Orchestra Packing the Dance Floor at recent weddings, just as we’ll do at yours!
- 8 Piece Orchestra (Piano, Bass, Sax, Male and Female Vocalists, Guitar/Vocalist and DJ )
- 11 Piece Orchestra (Adds Trumpet, Trombone and 2nd Female Vocalist and DJ)
- Sinatra Vocalist Can be added to either ensemble
The 11-Piece Orchestra is required for Saturday evening Weddings or scheduled between May-December.